Gov. Kemp’s Latest EO: Guidance on Bars & Nightclubs, Restaurants & Summer Camps
Today, May 12, Gov. Kemp released his latest Executive Order in response to COVID-19. This newest. Watch the full press conference and find key points from the conference below.
- Live performance venues, bars and night clubs must remain closed through May 31, 2020
- Sheltering in Place for vulnerable populations remains in effect until June 12, 2020
- Gatherings of more than 10 people remain banned for all non-critical businesses including social groups, informal groups and sports
- Starting May 14, 2020 summer day camps can operate if they follow measures outlined in the governor’s executive order
- Restaurants can allow 10 patrons per 300 square feet of public space and increase party size to 10 per table
- Gov. Kemp also announced the rollout of the Healthy Georgia Collaborative, a contact tracing tool to help map and isolate the spread of COVID-19.
In order to help member cities digest the various items in this Executive Order, GMA is working to create a summary of the order, which will be shared in tomorrow’s GMA alert to all cities.