The Georgia Solar Program increases awareness of renewable energy production while decreasing energy costs for Georgia taxpayers. GEFA will provide rebates to cities, counties, and K-12 public schools and will reimburse up to 50 percent (or $50,000 whichever is less) of the cost of materials, design, and installation of up to 60 kilowatt (kW) ground mount or rooftop solar. This rebate is offered to government entities that are not eligible to receive the 30 percent federal tax credit that benefits for-profit facilities.
Only one rebate will be awarded per entity. Program funding is provided by the U.S. Department of Energy, and recipients must follow federal funding guidelines. GEFA has funding available for up to five rebates. Rebates will be provided after a contract is executed, and the final invoice and proof of payment has been completed and delivered to GEFA. By accepting rebate funds, recipients agree to provide energy production data to GEFA for three years on a biannual basis for program evaluation purposes.
- Applicants must be a city, county, or K-12 public school in Georgia
- Include a letter of commitment and financial ability to execute the project from the highest ranking official
- Provide a detailed project time frame from start to finish
- Provide a detailed energy tracking plan
- Include a community education plan--high visibility installation and energy data display viewable by public
- Application must be complete, compliant, and submitted online.
Please use this online form
to contact GEFA if you have additional questions.