This program provides funding for capital projects that reduce the state of good repair backlog, improve performance, or expand or establish new intercity passenger rail service, including privately operated intercity passenger rail service, if an eligible applicant is involved.
View the full Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) here.
View the fact sheet here.
- A project to replace, rehabilitate, or repair infrastructure, equipment, or a facility used for providing intercity passenger rail service to bring such assets into a state of good repair
- A project to improve intercity passenger rail service performance, including reduced trip times, increased train frequencies, higher operating speeds, improved reliability, expanded capacity, reduced congestion, electrification, and other improvements, as determined by the Secretary
- A project to expand or establish new intercity passenger rail service
- A group of related projects as described above
- The planning, environmental review, and final design of an eligible project or group of projects described above
December 15, 2023: Webinar Recording | Presentation File
January 19, 2023: Presentation File
Other past webinar materials from the Federal Railroad Administration: https://railroads.dot.gov/rail-network-development/training-guidance/webinars-0
For further information concerning this Notice, please contact the FRA NOFO Support program staff via email at FRA-NOFO-Support@dot.gov.
If additional assistance is needed, you may contact: