If the communities you serve have been suffering from financial hardship, the Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA) has provided several resources for you to share with those individuals and families.
The DCA launched the Georgia Rental Assistance (GRA) program in March 2021 to assist Georgia renters who have fallen behind on rent payments due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The GRA program can provide up to 12 months of rental assistance and utility assistance, paid directly to landlords and service providers on behalf of tenants.
Our outreach kit serves as a way to educate Georgia communities on how the GRA program can help those in need. Each item in the outreach kit is detailed below. You can learn more information and share what you learn with your community. Click this link to download the outreach kit and read more about it below.
- Website: georgiarentalassistance.ga.gov – The Georgia Rental Assistance program website can answer basic questions regarding eligibility, documents required, areas serviced, etc. The most accurate, up-to-date information regarding the GRA program will be on this website.
- Flyer: This document provides a snapshot of the program, including basic details, how to apply, and how to contact our offices for help and information. We suggest this be distributed as broadly as possible, as it is an effective means of attracting initial interest.
- Blogs: These blogs can help you and your renters understand program requirements, answer specific questions from tenants and landlords themselves, etc.
- Graphics: There are several graphic sizes for you to choose from for your website or social media. It would be most helpful to link the graphics to georgiarentalassistance.ga.gov.
- Social media: You can also use the square graphics to share information in emails and social media sites. Use the blogs or program website and be sure to tag DCA using the following accounts: Facebook: @georgiaDCA // Twitter & Instagram: @ga_dca
Resources and More Information
· For specific questions regarding your application, please email email@example.com or call (833) 827-(RENT).