This year’s Census Day is one for the record books. For the first time ever, Georgia is completing the majority of our self-responses to the Census online. On March 31st, Georgia's self-response rate
was at 36.4%, which is behind the national average of 38.4%.
This year is also historic given the impact of COVID-19 on movement and in-person social engagement. Census field operations are currently postponed
until June 1. Social media and network engagement are more important than ever. Luckily, it has never been easier to respond on your own, whether online, over the phone or by mail—all without having to meet a census taker.
Ways you can help to notify people of Census Day:
- Create a post on social media about completing Census 2020 and add a link to Census2020.gov
- Share a post or email about the many benefits the Census brings to cities and counties
- Share a post about the ease of completing your Census
- Share and comment on U.S. Census Bureau and @GACensus2020 posts
- Send an email reminder to your staff and associates
- Ensure friends and neighbors have heard about Census 2020 and encourage them to pass it on.
Census Day is the perfect day to encourage self-response. Please feel free to use these Census Day graphics
for different social media platforms when discussing the benefits and necessity of completing Census 2020.