Talk It Up Thursdays
Join us on the last Thursday of each month in 2021 for “Talk It Up Thursday”. These FREE sessions will be from 1:30 – 2:30 pm and cover topics designed specifically for elected officials and city staff. Each month, these learning opportunities will provide educational information, coupled with information on GMA services or programs as well as resources available through state and federal agencies and more.
All sessions will be held via virtual format until conditions allow a safe return to the GMA offices. Dates and topics include:
- January 28 – Probation Services Oversight (Watch the Video)
- February 25 – Purchasing Capital Assets in Public Safety
- March 25 – Risk Management
- April 29 – Downtown Development
- May 27 – Developing a Vehicle & Equipment Replacement Program
- June 24 – Infrastructure Asset Management
- July 29 –Leadership Development
- August 26 –– Campaign & Finance Rules
- September 30 – Building Your Team
- October 28 – Onboarding New Elected Officials
- November 18 – Preparing for Your Audit
- December 30 - Using Emotional Intelligence to Improve Workplace Culture
Visit our calendar for more information and to register for upcoming Talk It Up Thursday events.